Three gambler profiles
games of chance are risky if you play for any reason other than to have fun. According to the experts at Centre Dollard-Cormier, there are three types of gamblers:
1. Recreational gamblers:
- Gambling does not pose a problem to these gamblers.
- They gamble only for fun.
- Gambling is a social pastime for them.
2. “At risk” gamblers:
- Gambling causes them problems.
- They feel guilty about their gambling habits.
- Gambling may get them into quarrels.
- They sometimes feel depressed.
- Gambling often takes a big bite out of their budget.
- They have to pay back their losses.
3. Problem gamblers:
- They have many serious problems related to their gambling addiction.
- They are subject to depression.
- They may have suicidal thoughts.
- Their gambling obsession may lead to divorce.
- They have debts, and sometimes live in poverty.
- Their desperation may lead them to commit criminal acts.